ABOUT VILLAGE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT ORGANIZATION.
Established in 2008, VEE is a registered community development nonprofit that promotes innovative and measurable community development by supporting marginalized communities capacity building initiatives and projects that leverage on community resources and expertise. VEE works with KEY community members to strengthen the most challenged neighborhoods and communities across Kiambu and Kajiado Counties in Kenya. To date, VEE has capacity built over 1,000 households through advancing health insurance covers, supporting Early Childhood Education, Built classrooms, supported agricultural activities in supporting food security, held 100 Community Development Workshops on Financial inclusion attended by over 650 community members and set up VILSA Sacco to advance loans to beneficiaries. VEE has so far advanced KSH. 4,000,000 in loans to local farmers and groups to promote their business and farming ventures.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Do you have passion for community work and engagements? Your role as a Project Officer will be to provide essential support to a projects implementation, working with the Project Manager and other team members to achieve project success in meeting its goals and objectives. This will be achieved by crafting, developing, and implementing data models and solutions for WaneCorp’s business platform used to sell, service and market our products.
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Project Officer will primarily be responsible for coordinating and administering CCF’s existing grant programs as well as the annual Community Development Workshop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of grant project including project oversight and administration, grant application/proposal review and processing, coordination of grant review committee, funders and partners, oversee grant program evaluation and benchmarking, prepare reports and other duties as needed;
- Organize and coordinate Community Development Workshops with partner organizations;
- Identify opportunities for new program development and expansion;
- Assist with the development of strategic partnerships;
- Assist with the strategic development of the organization;
- Conduct research, compile data and prepare reports for consideration and presentation to the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Attend Board, committee meetings or other meetings as requested;
- Supervise staff, volunteers and other support personnel;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Grant program management and event coordination;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate various responsibilities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Good writing, analytical, research and problem‐solving skills;
- Experience in grant writing/fundraising;
- Ability to communicate in public environment effectively.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in one of the following: community development, urban planning, foundation grant management, non-profit management;
- At least a bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, urban studies, business, or finance;
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Ability to communicate in public environment effectively;
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
The compensation package will include salary commensurate with experience, full health benefits, matching retirement contributions, and 3 weeks of time off.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
1) A resume or CV,
2) List of three professional references,
3) A one-page cover letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate.
VEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.