Explore our Projects
- Project Title: ECD Classroom Construction
We have made strides as far us this pillar is concerned and are still on that journey. We have built a pre-school in Osiligi, Kajiado County.
In our needs assessment, the cry for the Maasai community in Osiligi was that small children could not start school at the appropriate age. This was because the schools are scarce and far from their homesteads. A child aged three years could not walk alone( a distance of over ten kilometres) due to the dangers of being attacked by wild animals such as elephants. Their parents had to walk them to school each and every day, limiting their productivity and engagement in income generating activities. For the children, they could get very tired from the walk and this was detrimental to their growth and overall well being.
Most parents had opted to wait for their children to grow older for them to start school. Most of them could start school at the age of twelve years missing out on the early years of schooling.
To contribute to increased access, enrollment, retainment of children in Early Childhood Education and transition to Primary Education for children living in Kajiado County.
- Donor: House of Prayers Ministry - Germany
- Project Title: Greenhouse Project
- Introduction of farming practice to the Maasai community and enhance commercial farming in the area.
- Enhancing the consumption of balanced diet within the Maasai community through promoting the inclusion of vegetables in their diet.
- Empower the community through training on nutrition and healthy eating habits to curb malnutrition.
b. Drip system maintenance
c. Basic crop management practices
d. Integrated pests and disease managements
e. Rain water harvesting and conservation methods.
- Donor: BMZ Fund
- Pillar:Food Security
- Project Title: Water Project in Ilbisil
The objectives for this project were:
- To ensure access to clean and safe water for the community.
- Implement a sustainable (solar powered)water project that will ensure continuous access to clean and safe water.
- Ensure ownership, reliability and continuity of the project within the community.
The Five Stone Group.
- Pillar:Water & Hygiene
- Project Title: Cold room Project
- Increase the life of fresh produce and prevent losses that occur as a result of perishability.
- Ensure that the community has a reliable and efficient storage facility for their produce.
- Boost commercial farming for farmers since with the facility they can source for suitable markets.
- Donor: Ora-kinderhilfe
- Pillar:Food Security